Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Easy Tuna and White Bean Salad

For dinner last night I threw together my version of a salad I remember from my childhood. I would have used more basil if I had it, but it was very good nonetheless. Here's the recipe:
In a medium-sized bowl combine one can of tuna, one can of great northern beans (drained and rinsed), one half pint of cherry tomatoes sliced, chiffonade 12-15 basil leaves (stack the leaves, roll them tightly and then slice, creating beautiful thin ribbons of basil). Crush two cloves of garlic. Mix well. Add some extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and pepper to taste. I like to let it sit in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to give the flavors time to marry, but it's up to you. This is one super simple 10 minute dinner! We ate it with Wheat Thins, but if you'd rahter not have the carbs, eating this with a fork is equally tasty. Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment