Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Breaking up with sugar. Part 927.

I'm trying it again.  Today is my first sugar-less day (in a few weeks) and already I'm feeling lethargic and craving something sweet.  I always find the first few days without sugar to be the hardest.  At least I don't have one of those hot-poker-to-the-eye sugar withdrawal headaches.  My plan is no white sugar and no corn syrup.  I feel like I should also add that I use no artificial sweeteners (with the exception of a diet soda several times a year).  The whole wheat bread I bake has molasses in it, so I give that a pass.  Fruit also gets a pass from me.  As will the honey I intent to add to the pizza dough I make every Friday night.  Now that I'm outlining this, I guess I'm not exactly sugar free, just sugary-snack free.  And that is a positive step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment