Monday, February 22, 2010


Homemade Cleaning Solution! This stuff works great and it's free of nasty unpronouncable chemicals, better for the environment and relatively cheap to make. Eco friendly and affordable (well, cheap) are my two deciding factors when buying or making anything. The only issue I would have with this speay is that whatever surface you're cleaning needs to be rinsed afterwards because of the dish soap residue. I wrote the recipe on the side of the bottle so that I could have it handy when I need to make it again. It was dictated to me from my mother who transcribed it from an episode of the Dr. Oz tv show, so it's entirely possible that something got lost in translation! If you can't read it from the picture the recipe goes like this:

1 Tbsp borax (can be found in your grocery store Laundry aisle)
3 Tbsp white vinegar
2 c. water
1 Tbsp Dawn (or some other brand) dishwashing detergent
A few drops of an essential oil of your choosing (I used lemon because I had it and citrus smells like clean to me)

That's it, really! I use it for our lineolium floors, for counter tops and even for the bathrooms.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment