Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kale Chips

The thing about kale chips is that they are SO tasty I eat them up too quickly.  We can agree that the picture does them no justice, but once you try them you will be singing their praises as well.  I got the recipe from here

It goes like this:
Preheat your oven to 350. Tear the kale leaves from the stems into bite sized pieces.  Wash and dry.  Place a sheet of parchment paper on a cookie sheet (I don't know why exactly, except that it keeps my cookie sheet clean), spread out the kale and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.  Sprinkle lightly with salt (I use sea salt very sparingly because it would become too overpowering with too much salt).  Bake for 10-12 minutes.  ENJOY. 

It's really that simple.  The other thing I shouldn't have to mention, but will since I made this mistake the first time I made these is that the second you take them out of the oven is not the best time to grab a piece of kale chip to eat because the oil is still very hot.  Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment