Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oatmeal Delight.

I've been on a bit of a health kick recently, learning all I can about "Real Foods".  I put that in quotations because it's such a crazy thing to have to differentiate between food that is natural, nourishing, nutrient rich, literal food and food that is processed "edible food like substances" as Michael Pollan likes to say.  I'm currently reading Pollan's The Omnivore's Dilemma and I'm waiting on his Food Rules and Sally Fallon's Nourishing Traditions from the library.  I've also been a crazy nutrition/health blog-hopping fool.  Yesterday I stumbled on this recipe from Kath Eats and made it this morning and the verdict is in: AWESOME.  I will now always make oatmeal with a banana whipped in.  It's just naturally sweetening genius.  I didn't have the flax seeds, chia seeds or any of the other fancy things she stirs in, so we added about 1/8 tsp of cinnamon and about 1/4 cup organic plain yogurt.  And speaking of organic plain yogurt, I have as I type this, a crock pot preparing my very own homemade yogurt.  It won't be ready until tonight so I won't get to try it out until tomorrow but I am very hopeful.

No comments:

Post a Comment